Archive for the 'memes' Category
I sure hope so. The Friday 5 this week is not that taxing….
Continue reading ‘Am I awake enough to answer today’s Friday Five?’
If it wasn’t for jewdez, This-or-That Tuesday would be What-the-Fuck Wednesday…
1. Holland or Netherlands? The Netherlands.
2. Emu or Ostrich? Emu (I’m waiting for emotionemu to replace emotioneric)
3. Biff or Happy? Happy
4. Quincy or Braintree? Braintree
5. Cassius Clay or Muhammad Ali? Ali
6. Istanbul or Constantinople? Istanbul
7. Pig or Swine? Pig
8. Barf or Puke? Barf!
9. Potatoes or Spuds? Potatoes
10. Squeeze Box or Accordion? Accordion
1. What is your most prized material possession? I dunno. I guess I would say the teardrop pearl necklace I received for one of my birthdays. Or maybe the ring I got this past birthday. But I also have a lot of stuff from my mom and grandmother, I would not be able to part with.
2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest? I dunno. There are things from my childhood that I never threw away (and wouldn’t be able to unless I was forced to give it up at gunpoint). See next question…
3. Are you a packrat? Hell, yeah. The worst kind. It is a major accomplishment when I throw things away. I expect kudos when I do.
4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum? I would *prefer* a spic-and-span clean house, but I have no idea how to keep one that way. Unfortunately, I am messy & though I try my hardest not to be, messes seem to follow me around. This only applies at home. I do a pretty good job about being organized at my office. (My home office is another thing entirely.)
5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there? The rooms that I’m in, the theme seems to be “How much stuff can I fit in this room?” It does not make me a popular housemate.
1. Explain why you started to journal/blog.
I am forcing myself to write daily in this blog. It’s been a long time since I’ve written consistently (not counting school).
Also, I am amassing legions of followers whom I am brainwashing to help me take over the world. But that’s just an ancillary reason for the blog.
2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not?
Um, some do & some don’t. I haven’t really gotten around to tell people about it. I mention it when I think about it. The people who visit my blog most often are people who are online all the time. :)
3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog?
Not really. It’s called “brain barf” for a reason. :)
4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year?
I don’t know yet. I’m working on making it look not-so-retarded in the near future, as soon as I figure out how.
So these are the friday five from last week… I know it’s not Friday, but who cares?
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning? If you didn’t have breakfast, why not?
No breakfast today… was waiting for my sushi lunch on the Promenade.
2. What’s your favorite cereal?
No favorite cereal… not a huge cereal fan.
3. How often do you eat out? Do you want that to change?
I eat out an average of at least 1-3 times a week. If I could afford it, I would eat out almost all the time… but that’s not practical.
4. What do you plan on having for dinner tonight? Got a recipe for that?
Dinner is whatever I find when I make it down there. It may be popcorn. Again.
5. What’s your favorite restaurant? Why?
I have too many favorite restaurants to name. I am just a big ol’ food lover. Todai comes to mind, but it is by no means my favorite.